Indians love films. when a person is shown having a heart attack in a film, he screams and clutches his chest, sweating profusely he collapses to the ground. anyone around him will have no doubt that he is having a heart attack. although in 80% of the cases indigestion and flatulence may also lead to chest pain.
Oral Hygiene and health
If your oral hygiene is poor and your gums are unhealthy, Then you are at the risk of heart diseases. Now the question arises; How is this possible? When the gums get infected, the bacteria can enter the bloodstream and reach the coronary arteries (supplying blood to the heart muscle), causing inflammation of these blood vessels. This, in turn, promotes the building of plaque in the arteries with the consequent hardening and narrowing of these arteries .this compromises the blood reaching the heart and leads to Heart Attack (medically known as ischemic heart disease). Women have narrow blood vessels compared to men. Therefore, plaque deposits cause them greater harm. This is due to the fact plaque makes the blood vessels still narrower.
Sometimes when you get the ECG (electrocardiography)done, you are thrilled to find it normal .it means all is well with you, and you suffer from no ailment. but and ECG is not a comprehensive and conclusive test. Every man and woman above the age of 30 should go for regular health checkups without waiting to develop symptoms of any diseases.
Some Important Fact
You must not have ever heard or imagined how deep the connection between the heart and the jaw is .the American dental society has declared that it is more important to keep your teeth and gums plaque-free then to brush them. dental floss -at the type of special trade, is moved between the teeth, back and forth, to remove plaque. toothbrush cleanses the external surfaces, but plaque remains hidden between the teeth. women more susceptible to plaque deposits because their blood vessels are narrower .this won’t get detected by an ECG. Therefore a blood test is essential.l understand 1 thing carefully if ECG is normal, then it does not indicate that you have no heart disease. a blood test will make the picture clearer.
What is Dental plaque?
Plaque is the debris in the mouth which eventually pollutes the blood .so it is important to rinse your mouth whenever you eat something. people of the older generation rinse their mouth several times after eating .they roll the water in the mouth around 20 to 25 times to remove every bit of food caught between the teeth.
Dental hygiene techniques:
As per Indian traditional system, people used a technique that is mentioned in ancient Ayurveda science. usually people use to make a bit of salt in mustard oil and gently massage the gums with it to keep away any sort of gum disease. instead of toothpaste people use neem twigs .after nails brush dirty using this name trick and this really takes up sometime
The general rule for dental hygiene
Check some tips for dental hygiene
- Brush teeth twice a day. The top time to brush teeth is after meals.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decomposing.
- Brush carefully. Invest some time. Tooth brushing requires two and three minutes.
- Floss your teeth each day. Using dental floss in a slow and mild sawing motion.
- Limit acidic drinks intakes like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth matter and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
- guard your teeth against injury.put on a mouth guard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
- Try to save a knocked-out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek immediate dental advice..
- stay away from using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. Trying to crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups. visiting your dentist in case of a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums is essential.
The regular activities which we all do everyday will help you to have a better dental hygiene and definitely an overall good health.
- Clean your teeth twice-If possible with Neem twigs. Scraping the tongue-Jivaha Nirlekhan
- Swish your mouth every time you eat, particularly is its sweet in nature
- After brushing , massage your gums also for 2 minutes.
- You can try oil pulling then. It involves swishing a kind of edible oil in your mouth for a minimum 10 minutes and then spitting it out. This ancient cleansing method helps to remove bacteria and microorganisms .This process helps in detoxifying your body’s lymph nodes and glands.”Oil pulling is a part of the Ayurvedic dental hygiene regime that includes several other practices.
Taking care of Oral and dental hygiene takes only few minutes a day. Take charge of your own health.